DALLAS, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – Did you read the headline? Is JD vs. Everybody still a thing? Is JD vs. Michael Young still a battle we are fighting?
Look I love Young as much as the next Rangers die-hard. I love JD a little bit less than @BenRogers, but I think this franchise is so far past that battle.
The Rangers off-season included shedding Ian Kinsler, David Murphy, speedster Craig Gentry, Nelson Cruz, Matt Garza, Lance Berkman (c’mon), AJ Pierzynski and Joe Nathan.
They’ve opted to go with youth at many more positions especially within the bullpen.
And the batting lineup which now includes Shin-Soo Choo, blockbuster acquisition Prince Fielder and the move of Profar to second base, also adds more youth than it would have if they stuck with Young, Hamilton and Kinsler combo.
I think Jon Daniels is brilliant when it comes to the actual value of a player each season. I think he knows that a player is not worth what they did before and though they might look good on paper, they might not be the best valued stock heading into the future.
As for Young, I wish him the best, and I hope he joins the Rangers as a manager one day. Whether or not he could work with JD that’s debatable, but I’d love to see Young take over for Wash after some lessons learned down the road.
Young’s work ethic and consistency everyday at the stadium is exactly what a young team needs.
But right now, the battle between JD and everybody doesn’t exist. He’s already won and cut loose everybody that wanted to battle him. It’s all on him now. He has the reigns and the blame if something bad happens.
And as for him and Young. Let it go. Young is retired now and starting a new chapter in his career. JD on the other hand has turned the page with the Rangers and is starting a new hopefully successful chapter as well.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Arrested For Wedding Night Theft At Ritz-Carlton
- Dallas Police Hiring 911 Call Takers
- 25-Year-Old American Airman Dies In Northern Syria
- Retail Gasoline Prices In Texas Hold Steady At $2.11 Gallon
- Mansfield ISD Parents Scramble After School Decision
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures