FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A 23-year old Texas Christian University (TCU) student was found dead in his off-campus apartment Tuesday morning. Today police have arrested a man in connection with the student’s murder.
Student Stewart Trese was found with “trauma” to his body in the hallway of his residence at the GrandMarc at Westberry Place Apartments on West Bowie. Hours after his murder Fort Worth police confirmed that Trese had been in some type of altercation before his death.
After further investigation a probable cause warrant was issued for David Hidalgo. The 21-year-old was arrested and charged with murder. Hidalgo is being held at the Mansfield Law Enforcement Center (MLEC). His bond amount is unknown.
Before the arrest TCU had sent out a campus email stating that the suspect is not a student at the university.
Police say the investigation into Trese’s death is ongoing. The Tarrant County Medical Examiner is performing an autopsy and has yet to release the young man’s cause of death.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Baby’s First Flight: Woman Gives Birth On Southwest Airplane
- Cowboys Cleats Up For Auction, Raising Thousands For Charity
- Key Issues Facing Texas Lawmakers In 2017
- Western Michigan Gets Cotton Bowl Nod To Play Big 10 Runner-Up Wisconsin
- Shooting At House In Dallas Leaves 1 Dead
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures