Dallas Man Calls His Beatles Collection A “Fountain Of Youth”
NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – The country is still celebrating the Beatles, 50 years after The Fabulous Four first rocked America.
But for Mark Naboshek of Dallas, the band plays on year-round inside his own Beatles room.
Naboshek was just 11-years-old when he saw the Beatles perform on the Ed Sullivan Show. The band still holds the now 61-year-old’s heart, and his Beatles room holds the proof.
Right off the master bedroom, there’s a room built specifically for his collection. It contains shelves of Beatles merchandise, memorabilia, concert tickets and autographed books.
Naboshek calls the space his fountain of youth. “It keeps me young; keeps my skin tight,” said the recently retired copy editor for Plano-based J.C. Penney.
“Whenever I feel stressed out for any reason, I come back here, shut the door, sit in the chair, put on music, and I’m zoned out.”
Naboshek’s acquisitions focus on the band’s pre-fame days. He is one of four major Beatles collectors in the country who partnered with the Grammy Museum for its newest museum exhibit – “Ladies and Gentlemen…The Beatles!”
Of his Fab Four anthology Naboshek said, “I’ve never collected because it has value. I collect it because I love it. There is no Disneyland. This is the happiest place on earth.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Residents Warn Of Danger Days Before Controversial Drawing Contest
- Garland Officer Receiving Accolades After Take Down Of Suspects
- Mother Of One Shooting Suspect Believes Son Was Brainwashed
- How Long Will It Take Police To Get To You In An Emergency?
- Local Defensive Standout Prepares For NFL Rookie Camp
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures