Snow Day For Some, Others Not So Lucky
RICHARDSON (CBSDFW.COM) - Many kids across North Texas are getting a long weekend, spending Friday warm at home after several DFW area school districts made the call to cancel classes because of lingering snow from Thursday. But not every student got a day off.
The Richardson Independent School District did opt to cancel classes. Many of their campuses still have a layer of ice along walkways, on access ramps and in the parking lots. Officials felt that the safest route was to close down completely.
A few students did not get that message. High school senior Jonathan Lowery wondered “Is it not school today?” as he approached the building. He finally asked someone for clarification. He then planned to “go back home and lay back down, so I can go to work later.”
Meanwhile, just a few miles away at Sam Tasby Middle School, all classes were still in session. That is because the Dallas Independent School District decided not to cancel classes on Friday. Kids bundled up the best that they could and prepared for a day of learning.
Well, most of them bundled up. “I don’t like wearing pants,” said student Anthony Orozco. “That’s why I wear long socks.”
- Flights Canceled, Some Schools Close Amid Texas Winter Storm
- Dallas County Deputies Spend Morning Rescuing Stuck Drivers
- 5 Potential Breakout Stars For The Texas Rangers In 2015
- Breaking Down College Basketball’s Top 25 Teams [6-10]
- Baylor Lady Bears Going For 5th Straight Big 12 Title
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures