LANCASTER (CBSDFW.COM) — Lancaster Police have arrested a suspect believed to be the driver in a deadly hit and run accident in Lancaster last weekend.
The incident occurred on Saturday Feb. 1 along the 2900 block of Danieldale Road just after 7 a.m. It’s there that police found 21-year-old Arin Thomas lying on the side of the road.
Based on debris left at the scene, police provided a tentative description of the vehicle on Tuesday.
Numerous tips from the community led police to 19-year-old Santos Quezada of Lancaster. Quezada was taken into custody and charged with Accident Causing Personal Injury or Death, a second degree felony.
His vehicle was also impounded for processing.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Softball Series Teaches Players Powerful Lessons In Overcoming Adversity
- Mother Pleads For Justice After Son Gunned Down In Oak Cliff
- Texas Lawmakers OK Budget But ‘Bathroom Bill’ Still In Limbo
- Texas Approves Bill To Allow Guns Near School In Parked Cars
- DeSoto Native Errol Spence Jr Takes IBF World Welterweight Title
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures