Man With Toy Gun Detained By Convenience Store Clerk And Customer
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Dallas police officers arrested a man with a toy gun around 4 a.m. Saturday after he was suspected of attempting to rob a RaceTrac convenience store in the 1900 block of W. Northwest Highway.
The suspect was being detained by a store employee and a customer when officers arrived to the scene.
Police were told the man, 22-year-old Anthony Bell, had entered the store with a ski mask on. Bell was said to have been carrying a toy gun, and attempted to rob the RaceTrac.
The clerk and the customer “went into action” according to DPD spokesman Sgt. Warren Mitchell, and wrestled the suspect to the ground.
Police arrived to find the toy gun had been taken from the suspect. Bell was then transported to Parkland Hospital to be treated for injuries from the encounter.
The media is being asked to refrain from using Bell’s Dallas County Jail mugshot, as he may be linked to other offenses.
RaceTrac released this statement Saturday afternoon in regards to the incident:
“Our thoughts are with the team members and guests involved in this morning’s incident. RaceTrac is fully cooperating with local authorities, as our primary concern is the health and safety of our guests, team members and others in the area.”
This story was updated at 5:45 p.m. on Feb. 8
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Nowitzki, Parsons Lead Mavs Past Jazz In Home Opener
- Friday Night Lights Meant Halloween Came Early In One City
- Man Shot, Killed Outside Plano Subway
- Last Person Seen With Missing Woman Speaks With CBS 11
- North Texas Kissing Bugs Carry Potentially Killer Disease
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures