McKinney Native Johnny Quinn Of USA Bobsled Team Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
SOCHI, Russia (CBSDFW.COM) – McKinney native and Team USA Olympic bobsledder Johnny Quinn says he had no choice but to burst through the bathroom door of his Sochi hotel room.
Here are Quinn’s tweets giving a play-by-play of what happened:
Quinn was a receiver at the University of North Texas and walked onto the school’s track and field team. He is also in the school’s athlete hall of fame.
After getting out of the Canadian football league, Quinn said his agent, who represented a silver medal athlete in the 2002 Winter Olympics, talked to him about bobsledding.
Quinn was scheduled to practice bobsledding in November of 2010, but received a phone call in October asking if he would come earlier to Team USA trials.
His first time on ice was at the trials, at which his team took third. Now Quinn finds himself at this year’s Olympic games in Sochi.
The bobsledder’s hotel door incident comes after numerous journalists from around the world tweeted about their not-so-great Sochi hotel experiences.
A @SochiProblems Twitter account was recently created, showcasing the mishaps at the 2014 Winter Olympics.
Now many people, not just the journalists, are using the hashtag #SochiProblems.
Here’s a few examples of Sochi hotel room mishaps:
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 5 Preeminent Boxers Of The Past 30 Years
- 10 Sickened By Solvent Leak At Dallas Love Field Airport
- Loretta Lynch Sworn In As New US Attorney General
- Prescription Drug Deaths In Texas Vastly Undercounted
- Possible Lightning Strike Starts Euless Church Fire
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures