IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – Superheroes, zombies, Starfleet members and other unworldly beings have invaded the Metroplex this weekend as the Sci-Fi Expo takes over the Irving Convention Center. Excited fans lined up for a chance to meet some of their favorite comic book artists and celebrities from the world of TV and movies.
The weekend’s guests include Richard Dreyfuss, Stephen Amell from television’s “Arrow,” original “Robocop” actor Peter Weller and “The Six Million Dollar Man” himself, Lee Majors. In addition to signing autographs, many of the celebrities are taking part in panels with the fans.
The attendees — many in elaborate costumes — are also able to walk through an entire floor’s worth of vendors selling everything from collectible action figures to movie posters to pop culture clothing. And boxes upon boxes full of comic books.
It is not too late for you to join the fun and attend the Sci-Fi Expo. The box office is open until 7:00 p.m. on Saturday night, and again from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday. Click here for more information including ticket prices and the full list of celebrity guests.
Interview With Aaron Douglas From “Battlestar Galactica”
Interview With Nakia Burrise From The “Power Rangers” Series
- Alligator Captured Behind Dallas Middle School
- Drag Racing Legend Muldowney Having Cancerous Lung Removed
- Westbrook, Thunder Put Warriors On Brink Of Elimination
- Rangers Youngsters Perez, Mazara Key In 4-1 Win Over Angels
- Baylor Says President Ken Starr To Retain Position Amid Football Scandal
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures