MESQUITE (CBSDFW.COM) – Two workers escaped a small explosion and fire without injuries around 7 a.m. Saturday morning at Fritz Industries in Mesquite.
A loud popping sound was heard and smoke was seen at the facility’s research and development lab on Executive Drive, according to a statement from company spokesman David Margulies.
A fire in one of the lab rooms was extinguished within 30 minutes, according to Capt. Jeff Miller of the Mesquite Fire Department.
The lab was not open at the time, however, two members of a cleaning crew were inside the building. Both made it safely out.
CBS 11 is told the damage to the plant was confined to the lab area of the manufacturing facility.
Miller said solvents were present in the lab, but exact cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Target To Up Hourly Base Pay To $15 By End Of 2020
- With One Week Left, Diligent Fantasy Baseball Owners Are About To Be Rewarded
- NBA Media Days Certain To Have Plenty Of Trump Talk
- Airbnb Launches Local Tours In NYC With Sarah Jessica Parker
- TCU & Georgia Jump Into AP’s College Football Top 10
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures