FOREST HILL (CBSDFW.COM) – Police responded to the scene of a fatal car crash in Forest Hill on Tuesday morning. The crash happened in the westbound lanes of Interstate-20, near the intersection with Anglin Drive.
According to police at the scene, a driver lost control of his SUV and was ejected from the vehicle as it was spinning. His wife, who was a passenger in the SUV, managed to remain inside. But after the man hit the road, another passing vehicle came along and struck him on the ground.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
A total of four vehicles and six people were ultimately involved in this incident, including a semi. Three of the patients were treated at the scene for minor injuries while two others were transported to a nearby hospital.
This crash happened along an elevated surface, where ice could be seen along the sides of the roadway. Initial thoughts are that the ice played some sort of role in the incident. Police blocked off three lanes of traffic to clean up the mess and conduct an investigation. The lanes have since been opened to traffic again. Crews also sweeped down the lanes and worked to clear any remaining ice.
- Flooding At North Texas Lakes Keeps Some Areas Of Parks Closed
- Starr Apologizes To Baylor Sex Assault Victims
- Fort Worth Man Convicted Of Choking Girlfriend Gets 80 Years In Prison
- Welcome To Texas: The Dallas World Aquarium
- Report: Rougned Odor’s Suspension Reduced By One Game
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures