FOREST HILL (CBSDFW.COM) – Police responded to the scene of a fatal car crash in Forest Hill on Tuesday morning. The crash happened in the westbound lanes of Interstate-20, near the intersection with Anglin Drive.
According to police at the scene, a driver lost control of his SUV and was ejected from the vehicle as it was spinning. His wife, who was a passenger in the SUV, managed to remain inside. But after the man hit the road, another passing vehicle came along and struck him on the ground.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
A total of four vehicles and six people were ultimately involved in this incident, including a semi. Three of the patients were treated at the scene for minor injuries while two others were transported to a nearby hospital.
This crash happened along an elevated surface, where ice could be seen along the sides of the roadway. Initial thoughts are that the ice played some sort of role in the incident. Police blocked off three lanes of traffic to clean up the mess and conduct an investigation. The lanes have since been opened to traffic again. Crews also sweeped down the lanes and worked to clear any remaining ice.
- Iconic Dallas Real Estate Firm To Sells To Berkshire Hathaway Affiliate
- Pickup Hits, Kills Skateboarder; Crashes Into Building
- Beloved Deep Ellum Bartender Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver
- Dallas ISD Campaign Encourages Students To Report Suspicious Behavior
- Democrats Running For Governor Make Case For Challenging Abbott
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures