Grapevine Exhibit Looks At Mail & Military
GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) – In a world of text messaging and tweets, receiving an old fashioned letter in the mail from a loved one can be a really special experience. But it is even more touching for those men and women who are serving overseas in the military.
A special free exhibit has stopped in Grapevine, and it looks back in history at the important role that mail has played, particularly for those fighting for our nation in places all around the globe. Plus, guests are invited to create their own Valentine’s Day card to be sent off to soldiers who are currently serving overseas.
CBS 11 News reporter Elizabeth Dinh got an inside look at the new exhibit on Wednesday. Check out her live reports below, and click here for more details about the event.
- Fort Worth Crews Spraying For West Nile Virus
- Uber Driver Arrested For Alleged Sexual Assault Of Customer
- Warning About Drones Used In Terrorist Attacks
- Fan Collapses Before Astros Game
- Man’s Car Burglarized After He Was Likely Followed From Bank
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures