FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — Two Fort Worth Police officers were injured after a domestic disturbance turned violent in the Lake Como area of Fort Worth on Wednesday morning.
Officers were responding to a townhome in the 3700 block of Eldridge Street at Fletcher Avenue just after 2:00 a.m.
When the first arriving officer confronted an 18-year-old man, the teen began to assault the officer. The suspect also assaulted another officer before being tazed and taken into custody.
The injured officers were taken to a local hospital to evaluate their injuries, which are considered minor.
The teen suspect suffered cuts and scrapes, was evaluated at the scene and taken to the Fort Worth City Jail.
He faces charges of assault bodily injury on a police officer.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Noel Makes Debut; Mavericks Defeat Pelicans 96-83
- 2 Sisters Meet Each Other For The First Time
- State Investigators Look Into Balch Springs Pallet Fire
- Man Cons Salesman Out Of $150K Maserati
- Police: Car Plows Into Parade Crowd In New Orleans
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures