Winter Storm Postpones SMU Game At Rutgers To Friday
NEW YORK (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A winter storm continues to wreak havoc in the South and East, forcing the cancellation of sporting events.
Due to hazardous weather conditions, a pair of men’s basketball games Thursday night featuring Top 25 teams were postponed — No. 13 Louisville at Temple, and No. 23 SMU at Rutgers. Both games have been rescheduled for Friday night.
SMU is now scheduled to play Rutgers at 6 p.m. CT. The game will be broadcasted on The American Digital Network.
Other games, including Charleston Southern at High Point, Bryant at Mount St. Mary’s, Central Connecticut State at St. Francis, Wagner at Farleigh Dickinson, and Northern Kentucky at Kennesaw State were also postponed.
No cancellations are expected in the NBA where only two games are on the slate — in Chicago and Los Angeles. There are no NHL games scheduled this week because of the Sochi Olympics.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas High School Recalls Yearbooks Due To ‘Inappropriate Material’
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: May 18th-May 22nd
- Dallas Teen Gets Maximum Sentence For Drowning Baby
- North Texas Man Set To Die June 3 Loses Federal Appeal
- Suspect In Kidnapping, Death Of Texas Clerk Indicted
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures