Dump Truck Accident Shuts Down Part Of I-635
Get Breaking News First
BALCH SPRINGS (CBSDFW.COM) - Two people are dead following a wrong way accident, involving a dump truck, on I-635 near Elam Road.
The accident happened around noon and shut down all southbound lanes of I-635 in that area.
Chopper 11 has been hovering over the scene, which shows tire mark streaks beginning in the northbound lanes and stretching to the southbound lanes.
The barrier between the lanes is demolished and it appears that the dump truck crossed lanes before striking a pickup truck traveling southbound.
Balch Springs Police Deputy Chief Jonathan Haber confirms the dump truck hit two vehicles. The driver of one of the hit vehicles was killed. The dump truck driver is also dead. It’s not clear if he died from the accident or before.
Shortly after 3 p.m. two lanes of I-635 were reopened. Click here to check traffic conditions.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Gov. Perry Takes Down ‘Unauthorized’ Tweet
- Police Agencies Patrolling Lakes During Labor Day Weekend
- Body Of Missing Dallas Girl Found In Vacant Apartment
- Cowboys Keep RB Williams After He Clears Waivers
- Mexico Police: Accidental Blast Kills 1 On Border
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures