MONROE, La. (AP) – Lonnie McClanahan scored 23 points and UT Arlington defeated Louisiana-Monroe 85-74 on Thursday night.
Brandon Edwards scored 19 points for the Mavericks (10-13, 5-6 Sun Belt), who snapped a three-game losing streak. Reger Dowell added 17 points and Jamel Outler 10. The Mavericks played without starting point guard Shaquille White-Miller, who missed his first start in 12 games with a back injury.
Leading 39-33 at halftime, the Mavericks took off to a 57-45 advantage before ULM cut it two at 63-61 with 7:42 left. The Mavericks responded with a 6-0 run and extended the lead to as many as 13 points.
UTA had only won three times at ULM in 31 previous games. It swept the season series.
Tylor Ongwae scored 24 points — his seventh 20-plus game this season — to lead the Warhawks (7-12, 4-7). Jayon James added 15 and Nick Coppola 11.
UTA led in rebounding 40-29.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anonymous Labor Of Love For Grieving Families
- Security Tightens For U2 Concert At AT&T Stadium
- Gov. Abbott Pressuring House, Senate To Pass Bathroom Bill
- Frisco Named Second-Fastest Growing City In America
- McKinney Named As One Of Fastest Growing Cities In Country
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures