MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) – Asya Busie scored 16 points, grabbed eight rebounds and blocked three shots as No. 13 West Virginia held off Texas Christian, 61-57 Sunday.
With the Horned Frogs trailing by three points with 29 seconds remaining, Busie grabbed a clutch defensive rebound and, after drawing the foul, added a pair of free throws to make it 60-55. TCU’s Donielle Breaux missed a 3-point attempt and the Mountaineers’ Jess Harlee pulled down the defensive rebound and hit the second of two free throws to seal the victory.
Christal Caldwell added 14 points for West Virginia (22-3, 10-2 Big 12), but the Mountaineers struggled from the field, connecting on just 21 of 58 shots (36.2 percent),
Zahna Medley connected on 5 of 13 3-point attempts and led TCU with 23 points. Breaux added 15 points on 6 of 14 shooting. The Horned Frogs (14-11, 5-8) attempted just three free throws (3 for 3).
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hotel Scheme Hooks Scholars From Around The World
- Cowtown Distillery First In Fort Worth To Make Bourbon
- T.J. Miller Arrested After Alleged Argument With Cab Driver
- Technology Alerts Oak Cliff Homeowner To Armed Intruder
- 9 Suburban Dallas Officers Fired For Falsifying Reports
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures