DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A person who police say was standing in the middle of the road around 12:30 a.m. Sunday in the 1700 block of Northwest Highway was killed after being struck by a vehicle.
Officers say the pedestrian, whose identity is unknown at this time, appeared to have run out of gas and parked the immobile car in the right lane of the highway.
The person then exited the vehicle and crossed into the center lane of oncoming traffic.
A second vehicle then struck the person, attempting to avoid an accident, but ultimately struck him or her.
The person that was hit was rushed to Parkland Hospital and was later pronounced dead.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Faedo Fabulous Again, Florida Beats TCU To Go To CWS Finals
- Restaurant Owner, Teen Daughter Attacked Over Cold Chicken
- Residents Clean Up After Night Of Storms, Power Outages
- Social Media Helps Police Find Man Who Saved Child From Drowning
- Bibens-Dirkx Pitches Rangers Past Yankees 8-1
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures