Plano Elderly Couple Dead In Apparent Murder-Suicide
Get Breaking News First
PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) – An elderly Plano couple suffering from medical issues is dead in what police believe is a premeditated murder-suicide.
Plano Police responded to a home in the 2000 block of Lake Shore Lane around 7:30 a.m. on Monday morning and found the couple deceased inside the residence.
“From all indications, this was an elderly couple who were dealing with some medical issues,” said David Tilley with Plano Police. “Early indicators are that this possibly could be a murder-suicide. However, we are going to wait for official results from the Collin County Medical Examiner’s Office to make that determination.”
Tilley was unsure of the exact medical conditions the two were dealing with. The man is believed the be in his 80′s; the age of the wife was not specified.
Authorities are not looking for any suspects related to the incident and do not believe there are any safety concerns to the public.
“We don’t have any indicators that there was anybody else involved in this,” said Tilley.
The official cause of death is pending.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Stars Retire Modano’s No. 9 Jersey
- No. 18 SMU Falters In 2nd Half Vs No. 20 Memphis
- TCU Winless In Big 12, Loses 97-67 To No. 23 OU
- Memorial Service Held For Murdered Richardson ISD Teacher, Mother Of Two
- Untapped Festival Features 65 Breweries, Over 200 Drinks
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures