NEW YORK, New York (AP) – Longtime analysts Dan Marino and Shannon Sharpe will not return to CBS’ “The NFL Today” pregame show.
CBS chief Sean McManus said in a statement that “Dan and Shannon are true Hall of Famers on the field and in front of the camera. As they pursue other professional opportunities, we thank them for their hard work and dedication and wish them nothing but the best.”
Marino leaves after 13 seasons with CBS, while Sharpe joined for the 2004 season, giving him a decade on the show.
CBS says recently retired star tight end Tony Gonzalez will join the network as an analyst for “The NFL Today” as well as other programming.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Who Allegedly Stole Fort Worth Fire SUV, Bloodied And Busted
- Cowboys Fall At Home To Chargers On Thanksgiving
- What NHL Teams Are Thankful For
- DPS Trooper Shot, Killed In Freestone County; Suspect Apprehended
- What Each MLB Team Is Thankful For
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures