Dallas Burglary Suspect Arrested After Leaving Wallet
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Authorities say a teenager who burglarized a Dallas police officer’s apartment, taking his service weapon and ammunition, was apprehended after he lost his wallet fleeing from the crime scene.
Police reports say two witnesses chased 18-year-old Adrian Jimmerson when he was seen February 13 carrying a pillowcase full of items. The suspect dropped the pillowcase as he jumped a fence. As he went over the fence the witnesses that gave chase grabbed his leg and pulled his pants off. They soon realized the person’s wallet was still in the pants pocket.
The wallet contained a Texas identification card, complete with the suspect’s name, date of birth and address. There was also a South Oak Cliff High School ID card in the wallet. The person who initially called 911 and saw the suspect running from the apartment complex confirmed that the person on the identification was the person they saw jumping the fence and running with the pillowcase of stolen items.
Police officers arrested Jimmerson the next day.
The teenager is being held Tuesday at the Dallas County Jail on a charge of burglary of a habitation. His bond has been set at $10,000.
A phone message left with his public defender, Frank Douglas, was not immediately returned.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Garland Attack
- Residents Warn Of Danger Days Before Controversial Drawing Contest
- Garland Officer Receiving Accolades After Take Down Of Suspects
- Mother Of One Shooting Suspect Believes Son Was Brainwashed
- How Long Will It Take Police To Get To You In An Emergency?
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures