DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Police are searching for a teenage girl they believe may have run away in order to be with a former Dallas ISD teacher who is facing child sexual assault charges.
The 15-year-old girl was last seen on the 12800 block of Noel Road, less than a mile south of the Galleria Mall, around 8:30 a.m. Monday. According to investigators, she texted her mother yesterday saying that there was a man who she wanted to be with. Her mother has not heard from her since.
Dallas Police say that they believe the man the teen was referring to is 27-year-old Scott Paul Alcaraz. Police are not commenting specifically on why they believe that Alcaraz is the man in question.
Alcaraz, a former middle school math teacher and assistant basketball coach, was fired last April after being accused and charged with sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl while employed at Thomas C. Marsh Middle School.
The accusing teenager says she and Alcaraz had sex in a classroom at the school.
Alcaraz is out of jail, after posting $50,000 bond. If convicted of the charges, he faces up to 20 years in prison.
Dallas Police are asking anyone with information about this case to call 9-1-1 or (214) 671-4268.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Massive Landslide Buries More Than 120 People In Southwest China
- Huge, Homely Mastiff Named Martha Wins World’s Ugliest Dog
- California Father Buries Wrong Man After Coroner’s Mistake
- Dallas Police Seeking Suspect In Deadly Assault
- Amber Alert Issued For Teen Believed To Be In Danger
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Norovirus May Have Sickened Hundreds At School
- McKinney Native Busts Through Sochi Hotel Door
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures