DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) – Rookie Parker Kligerman was involved in a multi-car wreck Wednesday, sliding on his roof halfway down the front-stretch in the first full practice for the Daytona 500.
Matt Kenseth and Joey Logano started the melee when they got together coming out of turn 4 during a drafting session at Daytona International Speedway.
Trevor Bayne then hit Logano, who slammed into Paul Menard. Menard’s car shot up the track and collected Kligerman.
Kligerman’s car lifted off the ground, landed on top of Ryan Truex’s hood and then turned upside-down and slid down the track before coming to a stop.
Dave Blaney also was involved. Some of the cars slammed into the outside wall, damaging part of the catch-fence that separates fans from the track.
No one was injured.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 100 Days In, Trumps Says He’s Brought About ‘Profound Change’
- Cowboys Stick With Draft Plan In Search For Defensive Star
- 1 Dead, Dozens Injured After Tornado Rips Through Canton
- Fort Worth Police Respond To Active Shooting; 1 In Custody
- Fyre Fest Fiasco: Bahamas Party Lives, Dies On Social Media
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures