Missing Dallas Teen, Former Teacher Found
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A 15-year-old Dallas teenager has been located and the man she was with, a former DISD teacher, is now in police custody and facing child sexual assault charges.
According to investigators, the teen texted her mother Monday saying she wanted to be with a man identified as 27-year-old Scott Alcaraz.
Alcaraz is a former DISD teacher and assistant basketball coach. He was fired from his teaching job at Marsh Middle School last April, after he was accused of having sex with a minor student in a classroom.
Alcaraz posted $50,000 bond and was awaiting trial for sexual assault of a minor. He was last in court on February 5, 2013.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cedar Hill Charity Is Back In The Saddle After Thieves Strike
- Homicide Investigated At Dallas Apartment Complex
- Crash In Seagoville Causes AT&T Outage
- Illegal Fireworks Blamed For Fires, Missing Pets
- Dallas Police K-9 Squad Honored At Dog Show
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures