Cowboys To Interview Manziel At Combine
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
INDIANAPOLIS (105.3 THE FAN) – The NFL Combine allows each team to conduct interviews with 60 draft-eligible prospects. It’s a club’s chance to pinpoint guys it likes, a chance to get unanswered questions addressed … and maybe a chance to grab a headline or two?
Surely that’s not the Dallas Cowboys’ motivation in opting to designate Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel as one of its interviewees … right?
Manziel, who measured in at 5-11 and ¾ but tells the assembled media in Indianapolis that he feels like like he “plays 10-feet tall,’’ is an attention-getter. He’s also a candidate to be the No. 1 overall pick and surely will go in the top 10 slots on the May NFL Draft.
Dallas drafts 16th. So why bother?
“He’s a great football player and someone I admire a great deal,” coach Jason Garrett says. “If you’re a fan of football and you watch Texas A&M play, he’s something else. He’s done an amazing job in a short period of time during his career for that program. He’s really fun to watch.’’
And now the Cowboys will watch Manziel – and 59 other candidates — for 15 minutes in an interview Dallas fans hope is an exercise in evaluation and not showmanship.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Zack Wheeler Could Become Mets’ Ace For 2014 Season
- Keller PD Uses Social Media To Reveal Speed Traps
- Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With Plane Carrying 239 People
- Police: Husband Suspected Of Killing Wife
- Lake Highland Rape Victims Bravely Face Attacker In Court
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures