Force Still Funny Car’s Driving Force At 64
PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) – NHRA legend John Force is not showing his age.
A man who has three grandchildren and is three months away from retirement age, he’s still blowing past the much-younger competition at 320 mph.
Force won his record-setting 16th Funny Car title last season and opened this season by winning the Winternationals at Pomona, Calif., for his 139th victory, another record.
Force has been through a lot during a career that started in 1979, including a nearly fatal crash in 2007, but kept fighting his way to the top.
He heads into this weekend’s races at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park in Chandler, Ariz., with the points lead and no intention of slowing down anytime soon.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Dies In SUV Fire Behind NRH Walmart
- Twitter Lets Merchants Offer Deals To Users
- Things That Apple’s $700 Billion Value Could Buy
- McCoy Not Surprised By Murray’s Rushing
- Stars Take Down Slumping Oilers 3-2
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures