Van Cliburn Estate Items To Be Auctioned
FORT WORTH (AP) - Hundreds of items from the estate of the celebrated pianist Van Cliburn are scheduled to go up for auction next month.
The New York auction house Christie’s has scheduled a March 4-5 auction of the Van Cliburn collection. The items were left behind in Cliburn’s Fort Worth-area mansion when he died a year ago this month.
It’ll be the second auction of items from the Cliburn collection. Bidders bid more than $4.3 million for 166 lots of antiques, jewelry and other items in May 2012.
Among the items available in this latest bidding is a 144-year-old piano bought by Cliburn’s mother, Rildia Bee O’Bryan Cliburn, in the 1940s and given to her son.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather
- VIDEO: Gym Screwdriver Stabbing Surveillance Footage
- Tiger Shoots 82 For Highest Score Of Career
- Coach Carroll Leaves Decision To Sherman If Baby Arrives Early
- Goodell: No Decision Yet On Discipline For Lynch Antics
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures