DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A man has been arrested and charged with murder after admitting to police that he stabbed another man on Feb. 18.
Pedro Calixto-Velenta died shortly after falling out of a white Chevy Blazer around 7:15 a.m. in the 7900 block of the LBJ service road. Velenta was found with multiple stab wounds.
Police say 17-year-old Gaspar Enciso was driving the car.
After Velenta was seen falling out of the car, possibly being thrown, police say Enciso continued driving the Blazer.
But Enciso was soon involved in an accident in the 12200 block of Coit Rd. He then abandoned the car and fled on foot into a nearby apartment complex, police said at the time.
Velenta was taken to Baylor Hospital, where he died from his injuries.
Velenta’s cell phone was found inside the Blazer by DPD’s Crime Scene Response Unit, which contained messages that suggested he had been arguing with Enciso.
Also found in the car were two bank receipts inside the Blazer from transactions earlier that day.
An investigation into the bank receipts led officers to surveillance camera footage from the bank. On the camera’s footage, officers could see Velenta and Enciso withdrawing money. Witnesses also identified Enciso as the man with Velenta at the bank.
When Enciso was located by DPD officers on Friday, he admitted to stabbing Velenta.
While Enciso admitted to stabbing Velenta and is charged with murder, an official cause of death is not known at this time. It is also unknown if Enciso pushed Velenta out of the car.
Enciso currently sits in the Dallas County Jail on a $150,000 bond.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth ISD Building Damaged During ATM Smash & Grab
- Rodney Childers Suspended 1 Race By NASCAR For Loose Lug Nut
- Kennedale Shooting Victims Identified; Officials Allege Murder/Suicide
- Experts Say There’s No Telling How Low Gas Prices Will Go
- President Obama Returns To Convention To Make Case For Clinton
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures