DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A woman has been charged with intoxicated manslaughter after an overnight accident in the 3400 block of Cedar Crest Blvd. killed the passenger in the car she was driving.
The fatal crash happened around 1:20 a.m., according to Dallas police.
The car, driven by Theresa Whitehead, 46, was going westbound on Cedar Crest Boulevard.
The car collided into a retaining wall on a bridge, then continued on a “high rate of speed,” police say, crashing into a tree.
Upon hitting the tree, passenger Latosha Parks, 40, was ejected from the vehicle. We’re told Parks was wearing her seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Parks died at the scene, and Whitehead was taken to Baylor Medical Center by Dallas Fire-Rescue.
Whitehead has been charged with intoxication manslaughter in the crash, and was booked into the Dallas County Jail at 10:47 a.m. Saturday. Bond has been set at $100,000.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Questions Swirl After Accused Killer Released From Jail
- Virginia TV Station Marks 1 Year Since Fatal On-Air Shooting
- Report: Cowboys Rookie Zeke Elliott Browsed At Seattle Pot Shop Before Game
- Cowboys Romo Survived ‘Perfect Storm’ In Seattle
- President Obama Plans To Create World’s Largest Marine Protected Area
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures