DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) — Dirk watched Carmelo Anthony fire his hands at the ball like E. Honda from Street Fighter.
He saw him crouched down in at the top of the key giving him an open look at the basket.
There was a time when Dirk was very uncomfortable when defenders would get in and under him, but not since he figured out how to handle those moments.
Just shoot over the top.
So, with about as straight away of a shot as possible Dirk rose above his opponent who had poured in 44 on the night including a big three pointer to tie the game close to the end of regulation.
He put up a shot right in line that as he described it, hit every bit of the rim, the back board and even the Jerry West logo in the corner before falling perfectly through the net.
Mavs win against another bad Eastern Conference team and win their third straight on the road with a clutch shot from the man who still ranks at the top for clutch shooters.
Dirk only scored 15 points in the 110-108 win, but the final two were what really mattered. Well, that and that it happened over Melo. That makes it fun for me too.
By Cory Mageors, weeknights 7-11 on the K&C Masterpiece
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz Heavyweight Title Fight Announced
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Rams And 49ers Look To Rebound From Losses
- Dallas, Houston, Philly Join “Overwatch” eSports League
- 2017 College Football Week 4 Games To Watch: TCU-Oklahoma State, Battle Of Bulldogs In Athens
- Kahne Staying In NASCAR With Leavine In 2018