DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) — I love Wash.
I think he’s essential as part of the fabric of what the Rangers have built. There is nothing like having a steadying hand on the wheel when it comes 162 games in a season, and he provides just that.
He’s taken this team to heights it has never accomplished.
Some say his bullpen mismanagement is atrocious. Others say a great manager would have taken them over the top when they were in the World Series. And others also say anybody could have won with the talent he had in his lineup.
I think it takes so much more to manage a group of egos.
All that being said, Wash got another year added to his deal with the Rangers.
Why only one year? Well Kevin seems to think it’s an opportunity to make Wash a martyr.
Lord I hope that’s not the case. But the more you look at it, you take away the lame duck status while also providing a quick severance package if the club doesn’t win. If that’s the case, what is a good enough season to keep Wash in Texas? World Series win? Playoffs?
By Cory Mageors, weeknights 7-11 on the K&C Masterpiece
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Baker Mayfield Rejects Johnny Manziel Comparisons As NFL Combine Nears
- Devonte Graham Leads Kansas To 104-74 Rout Of Oklahoma
- Cavaliers & Warriors Ready For Sprint To NBA Season’s Finish
- Carroll ISD Board To Discuss High School Football Coach’s Future
- Baylor’s Lady Bears Clinch Big 12 Title With 93-87 Win Over Texas