DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) — I love Wash.
I think he’s essential as part of the fabric of what the Rangers have built. There is nothing like having a steadying hand on the wheel when it comes 162 games in a season, and he provides just that.
He’s taken this team to heights it has never accomplished.
Some say his bullpen mismanagement is atrocious. Others say a great manager would have taken them over the top when they were in the World Series. And others also say anybody could have won with the talent he had in his lineup.
I think it takes so much more to manage a group of egos.
All that being said, Wash got another year added to his deal with the Rangers.
Why only one year? Well Kevin seems to think it’s an opportunity to make Wash a martyr.
Lord I hope that’s not the case. But the more you look at it, you take away the lame duck status while also providing a quick severance package if the club doesn’t win. If that’s the case, what is a good enough season to keep Wash in Texas? World Series win? Playoffs?
By Cory Mageors, weeknights 7-11 on the K&C Masterpiece
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Bryant Becomes First WR To Reach No. 1 On NFLPA Top 50 Player Sales List
- White Sox Activate Sale Following Suspension For Cutting Up Throwback Uniforms
- Cowboys Not Presently Pursuing QB Nick Foles
- Redskins Place Former TCU WR Doctson On Physically Unable To Perform List
- Cowboys Draft Pick Dak Prescott Acquitted Of Mississippi DUI