AUSTIN (AP) – Soundgarden will celebrate the 20th anniversary of its landmark album “Superunknown” at South By Southwest.
The Seattle grunge rockers will play “Superunknown” front to back for the first time March 13 when they headline the third night of the iTunes Festival in Austin, Texas.
Soundgarden members Chris Cornell, Matt Cameron, Kim Thayil and Ben Shepherd recently announced plans for a multi-disc reissue of “Superunknown” on June 3 with preorders available the day of the festival appearance. The multiplatinum album included the Grammy Award-winning hits “Black Hole Sun” and “Spoonman” and debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, eventually selling more than 5 million copies in the U.S.
The iTunes Festival features five nights of performances during the annual SXSW music conference. Other performers include Coldplay and Keith Urban.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump Weighs In On ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Involvement
- Explosions Hit Near Istanbul Stadium; Officers Wounded
- Matthews, Barnes Lead Mavericks Past Pacers 111-103
- Senate Honors John Glenn For Service, Desire To Better World
- Advocates: Revamp Texas Adoption Care After Mistreated Teens
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures