DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The hunt continues on Wednesday in Arlington for the killer of a shoe store manager. The 22-year-old victim was found shot dead inside Red Winds Shoe store, located on South Cooper Street. Police have released surveillance video taken inside the store hoping someone will recognize the shooter.
Police have also released surveillance photos that show a vehicle of interest that was on South Cooper around the time of the shooting.
Around 2 p.m. Tuesday, authorities received 911 calls regarding gunshots at the shopping center. When officers arrived at the scene, they found the store’s front door locked, but the back door open. The victim’s body was found inside.
Police are not sure what the motive behind the murder could have been, but robbery is a possibility.
Surveillance camera photos show a light-colored — possibly champagne-colored — Toyota Tacoma in the shopping center’s parking lot at about 2:00 p.m. on Tuesdays, around the time of the shooting. Police are hoping that witnesses or anyone who may have additional information about the vehicle will step forward to assist in the investigation.
The victim has not been identified by police, but CBS 11’s Stephanie Lucero spoke with the victim’s mother who says her family is hurting. She hopes police catch whoever is responsible for killing her son.
- Hill Scores 21, Leads Kings Past Mavericks 93-88 For 1st Win
- Dallas Man Says Woman Drugged Him, Stole His Puppy
- Teen Shot In The Head At Garland Park
- Devin Harris Granted Leave Of Absence After Brother’s Death
- Wild Boar Rampage Injures 4 People
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures