MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — Bria Holmes scored 28 points and No. 11 West Virginia cruised past Texas Tech 69-37 on Wednesday night.
The victory was the eighth in a row for West Virginia (25-3, 14-2 Big 12), second in the Big 12, which goes on the road to take on first-place and sixth-ranked Baylor on Sunday. It was Baylor that ended West Virginia’s 13-game winning streak on Jan. 8.
The Mountaineers only made 3 of 16 3-point attempts against Texas Tech (6-21, 0-16) but shot 42.9 percent overall, which was enough against a Lady Raiders team that shot only 26.2 percent and was outrebounded 52-32. Averee Fields had 10 rebounds for West Virginia.
Ivonne CookTaylor scored 12 points for Texas Tech.
Texas Tech had scoreless stretches of 8:15 and 5:15 in the first half with West Virginia taking a 33-14 lead at the break. Holmes matched Tech with 14 first-half points.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ibaka, DeRozan Lead Raptors Past Mavericks 94-86
- Oregon Tops Kansas 74-60 To Advance To First Final Four In 78 Years
- Gonzaga Trounces Xavier 83-59 To Advance To First Final Four In School History
- Report: Odor, Rangers Agree To Extension; Darvish Named Opening Day Pitcher
- 2017 Elite Eight TV Schedule
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures