MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — Bria Holmes scored 28 points and No. 11 West Virginia cruised past Texas Tech 69-37 on Wednesday night.
The victory was the eighth in a row for West Virginia (25-3, 14-2 Big 12), second in the Big 12, which goes on the road to take on first-place and sixth-ranked Baylor on Sunday. It was Baylor that ended West Virginia’s 13-game winning streak on Jan. 8.
The Mountaineers only made 3 of 16 3-point attempts against Texas Tech (6-21, 0-16) but shot 42.9 percent overall, which was enough against a Lady Raiders team that shot only 26.2 percent and was outrebounded 52-32. Averee Fields had 10 rebounds for West Virginia.
Ivonne CookTaylor scored 12 points for Texas Tech.
Texas Tech had scoreless stretches of 8:15 and 5:15 in the first half with West Virginia taking a 33-14 lead at the break. Holmes matched Tech with 14 first-half points.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Amid Contract Talks, Goodell Says That He Loves His Job
- Manfred Says MLB Plans To Policy On Fan Behavior For 2018
- Steelers Holdout Bell Hints At Sept. 1 Return In Tweet
- UFC: Champ Jon Jones Flagged For Another Failed Doping Test
- 50 Million Americans Could Watch Mayweather-McGregor
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures