The National Council for Adoption’s fact book states that two percent of women faced with an unplanned pregnancy choose adoption. So, often the brave act of placing a baby up for adoption is viewed in a negative light, when in reality it is a selfless, difficult and loving act a birth mother can make for her child.
BraveLove connects with individuals, adoption agencies, churches, pregnancy resource centers, health clinics and schools in order to educate the public about adoption as a loving option that benefits both mother and child. Click here for more information.
For more than 125 years, Gladney has been a pioneer and leading voice for improving the lives of children, adoptive families and birth parents. With unwavering commitment, through good economic times and bad, Gladney has focused on that mission and made a difference in the lives of birth parents, families and children here and around the world. Click here for more information.
Last year, more children were adopted from Texas foster care than ever before — but it wasn’t enough to find a safe and loving new home for every child who needed one. About 6,500 children in Texas foster care are waiting to be adopted and two thirds of them are not living with someone who plans to adopt them. All these children have suffered abuse or neglect and many ask themselves, “Why not me? Why can’t I have a family?” The Texas Adoption Resource Exchange (TARE) website helps match children awaiting adoption with adoptive parents. It includes photos and profile information on children available for adoption and allows families to provide information about their adoption preferences and interests in adopting a child. Click here for more information.
- Experimental Ebola Drug Heals All Animals In Study
- Study: Marital Tension Disturbs The Family Bond
- Residents In The Cedars Going On Smartphone ‘Code Crawl’
- American Airlines Fares Back On Orbitz After Deal
- College Football Announces Championship Weekend Events
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures