AVONDALE, Ariz. (AP) – NASCAR’s most popular driver won the sport’s biggest race last weekend.
It may not have been the most exciting news of the week, at least when it comes to fans of Dale Earnhardt Jr.
A reluctant participant on Twitter for years, Earnhardt burst into the Twitterverse this week with a flourish of revealing tweets that have given fans insight into his life they never knew before.
“I don’t what I was thinking, why I didn’t get on there earlier,” Earnhardt said from Phoenix International Speedway on Friday. “It’s a great way to tell people things you appreciate and it’s instant.”
Earnhardt has had a Twitter account since 2008, when JR Motorsports signed up @DaleJr.
Earnhardt had no interest in that end of social media at first, so the account sat dormant for years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Experts Say Ideology Tops Facts In Texas History Curriculum
- Gas Prices Across Texas & The Nation Continue To Drop
- Millennials Merging Avocado Obsession With Marriage Proposals
- Roman Reigns On Racial Equality In WWE, Brock Lesnar WrestleMania Rumors
- Arrest Made In Shooting Death Of Dallas Postal Worker
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures