AVONDALE, Ariz. (AP) – NASCAR’s most popular driver won the sport’s biggest race last weekend.
It may not have been the most exciting news of the week, at least when it comes to fans of Dale Earnhardt Jr.
A reluctant participant on Twitter for years, Earnhardt burst into the Twitterverse this week with a flourish of revealing tweets that have given fans insight into his life they never knew before.
“I don’t what I was thinking, why I didn’t get on there earlier,” Earnhardt said from Phoenix International Speedway on Friday. “It’s a great way to tell people things you appreciate and it’s instant.”
Earnhardt has had a Twitter account since 2008, when JR Motorsports signed up @DaleJr.
Earnhardt had no interest in that end of social media at first, so the account sat dormant for years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Plano Council Member Hoping To Keep Job
- Police Investigating Dallas Cowboys Player For Domestic Violence
- UT And Coppell’s Connor Williams Likely First Round Pick In NFL Draft
- President Bush Admitted To Hospital With Blood Infection
- Police: 10 Killed, 15 Injured In Toronto Van Attack
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures