COLLEGE STATION (AP) – Jordan Jones scored 19 points, gathered 10 rebounds and had 10 assists as No. 17 Texas A&M had little trouble with Arkansas, running away to a 77-54 win on Thursday.
Texas A&M (22-7, 12-3 SEC) scored the first 13 points of the game, including a 3-pointer by Jones, en route to a 43-32 lead at the break.
The Aggies poured in on in the second half. A 12-0 run — Courtney Williams and Courtney Walker had four points apiece in the run — pushed the lead to 61-38 and Texas A&M cruised home from that point.
Williams finished with 18 points and eight rebounds while Walker had 10 points. The Aggies shot 59 percent from the floor.
Arkansas (18-10, 5-10 SEC) was led by Jhasmin Bowne with 11 points and 6 boards while Calli Berna added 10 points. Arkansas made just 4 of 20 beyond the arc.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rangers Lose Big Lead And Game To Indians
- Road Rage Victim’s Family: ‘It’s Tough For Us All, But We’ll Make It Through’
- Public May Soon Have Access To 300-Year-Old Forest
- Praise, Criticism Of Supreme Court Decision On Temporary Travel Ban
- Dallas Among Cities Challenging Texas Sanctuary Cities Law In Court
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures