Texas To Sell Alcohol At Some Sports Events
Sports Fan Insider
AUSTIN (AP) - Texas will begin selling beer and wine at some athletic events, starting Friday at the Texas softball invitational tournament.
Texas has long banned alcohol sales at athletic events. New men’s athletic director Steve Patterson said the school will sell beer and win at the final men’s and women’s basketball games, softball, baseball and the Texas Relays track event.
Alcohol sales could expand to football in the fall, although the April 19 spring scrimmage at Royal-Memorial Stadium will not be included.
Texas said the athletic department will consult with university police, state officials and the school’s concessions contractor to evaluate safety and determine whether alcohol sales will be expanded.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 5 Takeaways From Dull Summer Box Office
- Donnie Wahlberg & Jenny McCarthy Wed
- “Halo” Makers Discuss Live Action Series
- Baylor Tops SMU 45-0 In Stadium’s Debut
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy For Gamers
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures