Texas To Sell Alcohol At Some Sports Events
AUSTIN (AP) - Texas will begin selling beer and wine at some athletic events, starting Friday at the Texas softball invitational tournament.
Texas has long banned alcohol sales at athletic events. New men’s athletic director Steve Patterson said the school will sell beer and win at the final men’s and women’s basketball games, softball, baseball and the Texas Relays track event.
Alcohol sales could expand to football in the fall, although the April 19 spring scrimmage at Royal-Memorial Stadium will not be included.
Texas said the athletic department will consult with university police, state officials and the school’s concessions contractor to evaluate safety and determine whether alcohol sales will be expanded.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New DPD Website Posts Officer Involved Shooting Information
- Car Burglary Suspect Caught Using Stolen Credit Cards
- Southwest Trails Other Big Airlines In Mishandled Baggage
- Black Friday Shoppers Already Setting Up Camp
- Baby Born On Highway After Texas Mom Gets Caught In Construction
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures