AUSTIN (AP) – Texas will begin selling beer and wine at some athletic events, starting Friday at the Texas softball invitational tournament.
Texas has long banned alcohol sales at athletic events. New men’s athletic director Steve Patterson said the school will sell beer and win at the final men’s and women’s basketball games, softball, baseball and the Texas Relays track event.
Alcohol sales could expand to football in the fall, although the April 19 spring scrimmage at Royal-Memorial Stadium will not be included.
Texas said the athletic department will consult with university police, state officials and the school’s concessions contractor to evaluate safety and determine whether alcohol sales will be expanded.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Records: Dallas DA Susan Hawk Worked 2 Days In May
- Arlington City Council Taking Next Step On New Rangers Stadium
- How To Avoid Long Lines at Airport Security Checkpoints
- Body Cam Video Released From AZ Officer Shooting Of Granbury Man
- Big New Addition At The Dallas Zoo – An Elephant Is Born!
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures