Man Stranded On Arlington Roadside Hit, Killed By Another Car
Get Breaking News First
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) - A man standing outside his disabled vehicle was killed in around 12:30 p.m. Sunday after he was hit by another car on Highway 287 near the I-20 exit.
The man, who has yet to be identified, was standing with his pickup truck on the side of the northbound lanes just past the Highway 287 overpass, according to a police spokesperson.
Another car traveling on the roadway lost control and “came off the bridge,” striking the man standing outside his pickup truck.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene, and the driver of the second vehicle was taken to Medical Center of Arlington with non-life threatening injuries.
APD is still investigating the crash at this time, but preliminary investigations suggest the crash was a result of Sunday’s icy conditions.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Report: Mavs Finalizing Deal To Bring Back Bernard James
- Plea Deal Ends Fort Worth 1983 Murder Trial
- Uptick In Labor Day Air Travel Predicted
- American Airlines Extends Solo Kids Fee
- Funds Spring Up For Fort Worth Ebola Survivor
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures