A Miles Austin Wedding, And A Coming Cowboys Divorce?
Cowboys CentralBuy Cowboys Tickets Shop for Cowboys Gear NFL Scoreboard
Sports Fan Insider
IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – Miles Austin’s offseason is shaping up as one of ceremony and an unceremonious move, one of marriage and one of divorce.
The happy news for the Dallas Cowboys wide receiver? On Feb. 22, Monmouth University retired the jersey of its greatest-ever football player. And on Saturday, in a gathering that featured Cowboys teammates Tony Romo, Jason Witten and DeMarco Murray as groomsmen, Austin married Stacy Sydlo.
But there is another life-changing event still to occur in this offseason for a player who has been an overall success story for Dallas as a former undrafted free agent.
The Cowboys have until March 11 to get under the cap and either by then or after June 1 will make either a major alteration in Austin’s contract or, more likely, will make him a post-June 1 cut. Cutting the oft-injured Austin in June will save Dallas $5.5 million in 2014 cap space.
Austin, 29, caught just 24 passes for 244 yards and no touchdowns as missed five of Dallas’ 16 games last season due to injury.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Would-be Homebuyers Consider Remodeling Instead
- SMU Sells Beer For The First Time At Home Game
- North Texas Dominates Nicholls 77-3
- No. 6 Texas A&M rolls 58-6 over June-less SMU
- Silver Alert Canceled After Missing Fort Worth Senior Found
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures