IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – Miles Austin’s offseason is shaping up as one of ceremony and an unceremonious move, one of marriage and one of divorce.
The happy news for the Dallas Cowboys wide receiver? On Feb. 22, Monmouth University retired the jersey of its greatest-ever football player. And on Saturday, in a gathering that featured Cowboys teammates Tony Romo, Jason Witten and DeMarco Murray as groomsmen, Austin married Stacy Sydlo.
But there is another life-changing event still to occur in this offseason for a player who has been an overall success story for Dallas as a former undrafted free agent.
The Cowboys have until March 11 to get under the cap and either by then or after June 1 will make either a major alteration in Austin’s contract or, more likely, will make him a post-June 1 cut. Cutting the oft-injured Austin in June will save Dallas $5.5 million in 2014 cap space.
Austin, 29, caught just 24 passes for 244 yards and no touchdowns as missed five of Dallas’ 16 games last season due to injury.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police: RV Containing Pot-Laced Candy Catches Fire On Bridge
- New DART Line Extends Through Oak Cliff To UNT Dallas Campus
- Dog Alerts Neighbors To Fire, Unconscious Owner And Pet
- Figure Skater Scott Hamilton Diagnosed With 3rd Brain Tumor
- Bill Murray Honored As He Accepts Mark Twain Prize For Humor
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures