IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – It was once home to the iconic Texas Stadium, but there are now some big plans for that prime piece of property in Irving. The land sits where three major highways all meet. And that is just one reason why developers see a lot of potential for the area.
Those developers shared their plans on Monday night, detailing what could be the future of the 79-acre property.
The presentation included talk of hotels, shopping, office spaces, apartment homes, and maybe even a tennis center. The development group said that similar projects have already been completed in other cities such as Houston and Atlanta. The idea is to create a center where people can work, live and play — a mixed-use area for urban dwellers.
Renderings presented on Monday showed Irving city officials how the new creation would look. The plan has not been finalized, but it gave city leaders something to think about going forward. It could still take three years before any construction begins.
- Woman Robbed Of Car At Gunpoint At Dallas Gas Station
- Texas A&M Spending $150 Million For New Research Campus
- Rockwall To Consider Bathroom Ordinance
- Plano Releases Thousands Of Mosquitofish To Help Fight Zika
- 9 Carroll ISD Students Disciplined For ‘Fight Club’ Involvement
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures