Mavs Assign PG Gal Mekel To Texas Legends
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Mavericks have assigned rookie point guard Gal Mekel to the Texas Legends of the NBA Development League, the team announced on Tuesday.
Mekel, who has missed the last 21 games after undergoing arthroscopic surgery to address a torn lateral meniscus in his right knee, is averaging 2.4 points, 2.1 assists and 9.6 minutes in 30 games this season.
Mekel has struggled in his rookie campaign, starting just one game. The return of Devin Harris leaves fewer minutes and less of an opportunity for Mekel to rehab with game action.
The 26-year-old spent two seasons at Wichita State University before leaving school early to play in Europe.
Last season, Mekel led Maccabi Haifa to an Israeli League Championship, while winning his second league MVP award.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- FBI, Benbrook Police Looking For Missing 9-Year-Old
- Sharp Limits On Media Access To Records Likely To Be Dropped
- Voluntary Evacuations In Kaufman County Over Bridge Concerns
- Folks Flock To Lake Arlington On Memorial Day
- Mansfield Police Officer Drives Donations To Omaha
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures