Stars Trade D Robidas To Ducks For Conditional Pick
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Stars have traded defenseman Stephane Robidas to the Anaheim Ducks for a conditional fourth round selection in the 2014 NHL Draft, the team announced on Tuesday.
The 37-year-old, who has played parts of 11 seasons with Dallas, has not appeared in a game since fracturing his leg on Nov. 29 vs. Chicago.
Robidas has appeared in 24 games for the team this season, posting five points (4 G, 1 A).
He ranks seventh in franchise history with 704 games played, registering 211 points (46 G, 165 A) in two stints with the team.
“Stephane is the consummate professional,” said Stars General Manager Jim Nill. “He has set a great example for our young core, not only when he was playing, but in his recovery as well. We want to wish Stephane and his family the best and thank him for all that he’s done in his time here.”
The pick gives the Stars nine total picks in this year’s draft, including Calgary’s sixth round selection.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Garland Attack
- Residents Warn Of Danger Days Before Controversial Drawing Contest
- Garland Officer Receiving Accolades After Take Down Of Suspects
- Mother Of One Shooting Suspect Believes Son Was Brainwashed
- How Long Will It Take Police To Get To You In An Emergency?
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures