AUSTIN (AP) – Imani McGee-Stafford scored 16 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Texas to a 65-58 win over No. 18 Oklahoma State on Monday night.
Texas (20-10, 11-7 Big 12) took the lead early in the first half with a 3-pointer from Nekia Jones that made it 11-8 and the Longhorns never trailed again, carrying a 30-21 advantage into the break and holding off the Cowgirls in the second half.
Chassidy Fussell contributed 13 points for Texas, who controlled the boards 42-30 and sank 25 of their 36 free throw attempts — a 3-to-1 scoring advantage from the penalty stripe— to avenge a Jan. 2 loss to Oklahoma State. The win moved Texas into a third-place tie with the Cowgirls, the Longhorns’ best conference finish since the 2004-05 season.
Oklahoma State (22-7, 11-7) was led by Kendra Suttles, who scored 14 points, while Tiffany Bias had 13 and Liz Donohoe 10.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Former Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Dozens Of Kids In ’80s
- Outside Investigation Launched In Arrest Of Miss Black Texas
- 2 On Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders List Captured
- Keidel: Bryce Harper And Baseball’s New Salary Narrative
- Manchester Chief Notes Rise In Hate Crimes Since Bombing
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures