KEENE (AP) – One man has been hurt in the fiery explosion of a North Texas house where the victim said he left a tank of propane near a lit fireplace.
The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday said 68-year-old Patrick Lawrence is recovering from burns. Investigators are trying to determine whether the propane caused Tuesday night’s explosion at a home near Keene, about 25 miles south of Fort Worth.
Sheriff Bob Alford says deputies answered a 911 call about a house engulfed in flames. Lawrence later told deputies that he put a tank of propane near the lit fireplace but couldn’t immediately explain why. Lawrence says he went into the kitchen and then the house exploded.
A spokeswoman for Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas says Lawrence was in good condition Wednesday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lightning Strikes Spark House Fires Across North Texas
- Farmers Branch Police Arrest Suspect Who Stabbed Off-Duty Officer
- Hill, No. 4 TCU Roll 43-0 As Kansas Ties NCAA Road Loss Mark
- Harden Leads Rockets Past Mavericks 107-91
- Dallas Tourists, Experts React To Release Of JFK Assassination Docs
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures