Report: Stars Trade Backup Ellis For Veteran Goalie Tim Thomas
Buy Stars Tickets
Dallas Stars CentralShop for Dallas Stars Gear
Buy Dallas Stars Tickets
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas Stars have acquired Stanley Cup winning goaltender Tim Thomas from the Florida Panthers, according to multiple reports.
The Panthers will reportedly receive Stars backup Dan Ellis in the trade. The 33-year-old Ellis started Tuesday night’s 4-2 loss to Columbus, surrendering four goals on 20 shots.
Thomas will likely backup goaltender Kari Lehtonen, who has started 50 of 62 games, posting a 2.48 GAA.
Thomas is reunited with Stars forward Tyler Seguin. The two were key contributors on Boston’s 2011 Stanley Cup winning team. Thomas won the Conn Smythe Trophy that year as the most valuable player during the playoffs.
The 39-year-old has started 40 games this season, posting a 16-20-3 record with a 2.87 GAA.
Dallas enters Wednesday in the eighth and final playoff position in the Western Conference with 68 points. The team has 20 games remaining.
On Tuesday, the team traded defenseman Stephane Robidas to the Anaheim Ducks for a conditional fourth round selection in the 2014 NHL Draft.
The NHL trade deadline was 3 p.m. ET Wednesday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Keidel: Giving Thanks For Sports
- Bears-Lions Fantasy Starters: Matt Forte, Matthew Stafford, And Calvin Johnson
- Romo, Cowboys Set To Play Eagles For NFC East lead
- Texas A&M And LSU Set For Thanksgiving Clash
- No. 5 Baylor Likes To Spread It Out And Run
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures