DORAL, Fla. (AP) — Tiger Woods says his back is feeling good enough to play the Cadillac Championship at Doral.
He just won’t be playing the new Blue Monster until the opening round Thursday.
Woods withdrew from the Honda Classic on Sunday because of lower back pain and spasms. He says he has had treatment every day since then, and even hit a few shots with his wedge on Tuesday, though none farther than about 60 yards.
It’s the second time in his last 10 tournaments that Woods had serious back pain during a round. He says his workouts are geared toward preventing such injuries. The emphasis now is to make sure he’s fit and ready to play in the Masters in five weeks.
His health is only part of the drama at Doral.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Tech Wins At UT For First Time Since 1997
- Texas Outlasts Washington 82-70
- 7 Athletes You’d Want To Do Your Black Friday Shopping For You
- Tarrant Co. Deputy Rescued In Dangerous High Waters, Driver Still Missing
- Shan’s Pick 5 – Week 11
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures