IRVING (AP) — Baylor senior guard Odyssey Sims, the nation’s leading scorer at 29.6 points per game, has been picked as the Big 12 Player of the Year by the league’s coaches.
Sims was also named Thursday as the Big 12’s top defensive player.
The No. 9 Lady Bears, who won the Big 12 title outright the past three years, shared the regular-season crown this season with No. 7 West Virginia, whose 10-game winning streak includes a win last weekend in Waco. Mike Carey got his first Big 12 Coach of the Year award in the Mountaineers’ second season in the league.
Baylor forward Nina Davis, the league leader with 9.0 rebounds per game and a .596 field goal percentage, is the Big 12’s top freshman. Sims won that award in 2011.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Mayor Gives ‘Grow South’ Effort B+
- Texas Governor Meets With Santa Fe Shooting Survivors
- Video Released Of Cowboys’ Terrance Williams’ Arrest
- Extra Security When Students Return To Santa Fe High
- Democrat Valdez Owes $12K In Overdue Property Taxes
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures