Loved Ones Celebrate Life Of Richardson Teacher
RICHARDSON (CBSDFW.COM) – Friends of a Richardson ISD teacher who was murdered in New Mexico said they don’t want her life overshadowed by her death.
Emily Lambert, 30, was killed in the city of Carlsbad. Her boyfriend, Robert Earley is in jail, charged with the crime. Lambert’s loved ones are trying to understand what happened to her as they plan to celebrate her life.
“Her smile is infectious; like it will just draw you in,” said Lambert’s best friend, Angie B. Goode. “She was 12, I was 13… The second we met it was instant friends.”
Goode and Lambert’s ex-husband said they may have known her better than most. But from co-workers, to students, to strangers even, they said Emily made an impression on anyone who met her.
“She’s all around,” said Donovan Lambert.
Unfortunately, this isn’t the first tragic loss for Emily’s parents. They lost their son Daniel in a car crash 4 1/2 years ago. He was a father of two, just like Emily.
“The tragedy this family’s faced in the last five years has been heart wrenching,” said Donovan Lambert. “The one thing I’ve seen is regardless of that — their faith is unmovable and their sense of goodwill is just the way they live.”
Thus, Emily’s memorial service this Saturday at 2:30 p.m in Hurst at Saint Philip Presbyterian Church will be a celebration of life. Those in attendance will wear green.
“That’s her favorite color,” said Goode who also expects to hear laughter amid the tears. “She knows we need to grieve. She knows, but Emily, she’d want us to laugh and smile.”
Emily’s ex-husband said focusing on the positive is something that Emily taught her family to do.
“She was the one to find the one bright spot in all the darkness. Even when things were the worst, she’d say, “you know, you’ll be all right,” and you were.”
Emily Lambert is survived by her two daughters, ages four and five. Friends have set up a fund to help meet their needs. Click here to see how you may help.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas To Open Two Federal Disaster Assistance Centers
- Best Performances By Athletes On Their Birthdays
- 4th Of July Weekend Sports TV Guide
- Dallas To Spray For West Nile After Second Trap Tests Positive
- September Arguments Set For Texas School Finance Case
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures