Saunders Can Earn $3.65 Million With Texas
SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) – Pitcher Joe Saunders can earn up to $3.65 million plus award bonuses under his contract with the Texas Rangers and would get the full amount if he pitches 210 innings.
Saunders has a $500,000 base salary under the deal finalized Wednesday, of which $250,000 is guaranteed. The base salary escalates to $1.5 million when he’s put on the active 25-man roster, and he gets a $500,000 bonus for being on the active roster for 90 days.
Saunders would get $150,000 each for 130, 140, 150, 160, 170 and 180 innings, and $250,000 apiece for 190, 200 and 210 innings.
He can earn $50,000 bonuses for being an All-Star or winning the World Series MVP or Comeback Player of the Year, and $25,000 for winning a Gold Glove or a league championship MVP. He would get $100,000 for a Cy Young Award.
The 32-year-old lefty was 11-16 with a career-high 5.26 ERA in 32 starts last season for Seattle.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Allen Helps No. 14 Aggies Over No. 21 Bulldogs 30-17
- Former Fort Worth Councilwoman Dies Abroad
- Abilene Air Force Captain Among Those Killed In Plane Crash
- SMU Falls To East Carolina 49-23
- Pedestrian Hit By Car, Dies
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures