Saunders Can Earn $3.65 Million With Texas
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) - Pitcher Joe Saunders can earn up to $3.65 million plus award bonuses under his contract with the Texas Rangers and would get the full amount if he pitches 210 innings.
Saunders has a $500,000 base salary under the deal finalized Wednesday, of which $250,000 is guaranteed. The base salary escalates to $1.5 million when he’s put on the active 25-man roster, and he gets a $500,000 bonus for being on the active roster for 90 days.
Saunders would get $150,000 each for 130, 140, 150, 160, 170 and 180 innings, and $250,000 apiece for 190, 200 and 210 innings.
He can earn $50,000 bonuses for being an All-Star or winning the World Series MVP or Comeback Player of the Year, and $25,000 for winning a Gold Glove or a league championship MVP. He would get $100,000 for a Cy Young Award.
The 32-year-old lefty was 11-16 with a career-high 5.26 ERA in 32 starts last season for Seattle.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Force Behind Dallas Holocaust Museum Passes Away
- McKinney Man Faces Indecency With A Child Charge
- Jury Still Stuck In Chris Kyle-Jesse Ventura Trial
- FAA Proposes $12M Fine For Southwest Airlines
- Flower Mound To Debut Police Bike Patrol Program
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures