GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) – A man from North Richland Hills is dead after his car collided with a tractor-trailer around 4:04 a.m. on the on-ramp to the eastbound lanes of I-635E from Highway 114.
Police say the man was traveling the wrong way when his Honda collided head-on with the semi.
The driver has been identified as 22-year-old Jorge Rico.
Rico’s time of death is listed on the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s website as 4:15 a.m., with a cause of death being multiple blunt force injuries.
Rico was the only person injured in the crash, which shut down the I-635E on-ramp for two hours.
Investigators suspect alcohol was a factor in the incident, according to Grapevine PD spokesman Sgt. Robert Eberling.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 81-Year-Old Wrong-Way Driver Arrested In Denton
- Keidel: Raiders Spend Big On Carr
- Amber Alert Issued For Teen Believed To Be In Danger
- New Charges For Ex-Balch Springs Officer Accused In Teen Murder
- Justice Department Backs Texas ‘Sanctuary City’ Law In Court
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures